Tuesday night - a struggle; although it cooled down - no way I would have run in 40 degree heat; nice and cool but a strong wind. But that wasn't the problem - my legs are so heavy, calves tired and tight - so are my ankles and feet. This despite my regular chiropractic adjustment on Monday night.
Anyway I got 5km done - about 35min but not timed exactly. Now sore and tired.
Friday night - Feeling good - ran my 5km in less than 35min. Had to stop at the toilet* in Shore Reserve, but the run itself was good. Was warm and humid today but had cooled down a bit and started raining soon after I set out - just a light rain which was nice to run in. Must have been fast to come in under 35min with the break. Didn't time it exactly - I don't take my iPhone on these short runs and I run without music. I do like running with music but am finding the shorter runs are better without it.
I had a coffee this morning and a glass of wine at lunchtime, and just juice before I ran. Also loosened my shoes which felt much better - my feet are swollen from the heat. A few twinges - in my right foot, and left knee, but I think they're fine.
I timed the run right - out at about 6pm as soon as I got home. By 7.30 it was pouring rain, the influence of Cyclone Yasi, and still raining an hour later. Think it's going to rain for most of the weekend. Hope I get another run in.
*A hazard of running - it speeds up the metabolism!
Sunday
Lots of rain this weekend - but cleared up today. Was sunny this morning but I struggled to get out of bed - wrong head space. Finally got it together and headed out at about 11.30am - ran to Princes Park, one lap and home. It was overcast when I set out, and had light rain during my lap of the park, and the sun was out on my way home - wonderful Melbourne weather!
12km which I did in a total of 80min which sounds slow, but I had a toilet break when I got to the park. My lap was at 10.6kmph - I'm happy with that.
Ate my porridge for breakfast at about 9.30 so energy wasn't a problem. But my calves are tight and sore and twinges in my right foot and knee. But overall a good run.
However, at one stage this afternoon I had to walk down a flight of stairs and my right knee is quite painful. OK going up of course! Will take it easy this week. Have Wednesday off work will probably run then.
This week I registered for my next run - 17th April the 'Run for the Kids' 14km.
No comments:
Post a Comment