They are predicting 40 degrees today - so I had to get my run out of the way early. I was up about 7 - out of the house by 7.30, temp 23 according to my iphone. Had drunk two glasses of water and a small juice, but no brekkie.
Decided to do my Moonee Ponds creek run, with a lap of Dunstan Reserve that's 10.3km - I should be able to do that within an hour, except for the roads I need to wait to cross. Started out ok, but my calves were tight; they usually loosen as I warm up. Walked down the steep hill to the creek, and the first half of the run felt good. Second half was a struggle; a few twinges in my right foot, calves tight and tired. So I walked a fair bit. Especially the hills home. But finished in 67 min - not too bad. Bit concerned about my foot - it's not swollen, but I might ice it anyways.
I exercised Monday and Thursday; Tuesday I walked halfway home from work - that was an hour.
Wednesday was the Australia Day holiday so I ran in the morning - 8km, running around both Shore & Dunstan Reserves in 47 min - that's the pace I need to maintain to do the half in 2 hours - a good run.
Ran 5km on Friday evening in 32 min - a bit slow but overall another good run.
It's going to be a warm week so I'm not sure what runs I will be able to do - might be a rest week, just doing my exercises and walking as much as possible.
Now that's done I can hibernate for the rest of the day - got burnt yesterday, staying out of the sun today:)
No comments:
Post a Comment