Sunday, February 13, 2011

laps can be boring...

But it's better for my joints to run on a good track, so I drove to Princes Park and did five laps. Each lap is 3.183km so that was 15.9km. A perfect morning for running - cool and overcast; not much of a summer!

Had tea and an apple with yogurt about an hour before I left home at 8.30, it's only a ten minute drive to the park. Lots of people out, and more arrived for the footy today including the Auskick kids who did a couple of laps.

First three laps were anti-clockwise, final two clockwise. The first lap was a warm up and the fourth was a struggle, the fifth I pushed myself: but there wasnt much difference in the times.

The splits were:
20:39
19:51
19:56
21:15
19:48
for a total of 1:41:31

This is about the same pace I ran back in October. I feel almost as tired now as I did after completing the 21km. More work to be done.

Had a few twinges in my knees and my right foot is still bothering me - still not swollen at all. I think I might need new shoes - these are about 6 months old now.

Planning to run Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment