I stuck to my plan this week; 5km runs on Monday and Wednesday, and exercise sessions on Tuesday and Thursday. Friday rest. It's always a toss up whether to run Saturday or Sunday - this weekend I was feeling a little bit seedy Saturday morning so slept in, and went for a long walk in the afternoon.
This morning was nice and cool and overcast so I headed out about 8am - ran to Princes Park, two laps and return 15.5km all up it took 103 mins but that included a toilet break when I got there.
My first lap of the park was 23 min and the second lap 19 min (10.1 kmph)
I need to get myself a stopwatch because fumbling with the iphone isnt a very accurate way to record times - that time for the first lap doesn't seem right.
A good run - had plenty of energy - ate pasta for dinner last night and then a protein shake about half an hour before I left, and a few sips of juice as I left the house. Legs are tired now, a few twinges but nothing to worry about. I stretched my calves before doing my laps, and did all my stretches when I got home, of course.
So this week: a short run tomorrow night, a longer one on Wednesday since it's the Australia Day holiday, two exercise sessions, then another long run on the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment