I took it easy after completing the Melbourne Half Marathon in October - 21.1km in 2 hours 11 min. Now I am struggling to get back into it - the sun and heat are doing me in. I wasn't worrying about it too much, until I realised that 3 months have gone by since the half-marathon and then I was wondering how the hell I did it.
So with the start of the new year I am back into a routine of sorts - exercising as well as running.
My goals for this year are:
Run for the Kids in April - 14km in 85 min or less
Half Marathon in October in 2 hours or less
And maybe another run in between.
To keep myself motivated I will record my training here. This will be especially useful over summer - to record how I am handling the heat etc.
The furthest I have run since October is 12km. My short runs have been rather slow until recently with the renewed focus. So today I decided to push myself a bit. I ran to Princes Park, one lap and home again. It's 12km and I left at about 8.15am. Sunny and still - just a slight breeze, and less humid than it has been this week. Getting there was good, but needed to take a break, then timed my lap as a baseline, and struggled running home. By then it was warmer and the sun was out, but on the positive there was also a bit more of a breeze. Last night I only ate my Asian scrambled eggs, and a couple of my muffins and this morning I had a protein shake about half an hour before heading out. Also had a coffee yesterday. Didn't have much energy on the way back and walked a fair bit. My lap of the park was at 10.1kmph which is close to the speed I will need to meet my half marathon goal - but I need to work on endurance at that pace. No aches and pains. All up I was out for 88min which is an overall speed of 8.2 pace 7.3 Feeling good but muscles are tired.
So - a fair bit of work to do! Plan for this week:
2 short runs and one longer for a total of between 20 -30km
2 or 3 exercise sessions
Extra walking/stairs during the work day when I can fit it in.
Just do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment