Sunday, June 26, 2011

no try. just do.

I needed a long run, so yesterday I drove over to Princes Park for a few laps. Haven't done that for a while.

So five laps...three anticlockwise and two clockwise is 15.9km and took 101min. That's less than 20min per lap because I paused for water, laces and fiddling with iphone to time the laps and to skip running inappropriate music.

It was a beautiful sunny winter morning, with a bit of a cold wind but only along one side of the park.

The first km or so is my warm up and is always a struggle to get my rhythm and get the breathing happening. After that it felt really good. A few twinges at times in my right knee and around my right ankle, but just due to use not strain. And I had enough energy to sprint the last 500m or so, although that doesnt seem to be reflected in the times.

The splits were:
18:27
19:21
20:39
2:48 (fiddling with iphone)
19:18
20:45
Total 1:41:20

During the run my thoughts were all over the place due to being so busy at work, and other stuff happening over the past few weeks. It felt good to physically exert myself to balance the whirling in my head.

Another long run tomorrow - I have the day off work!

No comments:

Post a Comment