Yes I have been running, just no time to blog as well.
I completed the Melbourne Half Marathon on 9/10/11 in 2:10:27 - one minute faster than last year. And I managed to pick up my speed along Flinders Street to the finish. A good run which I was happy with because I hadn't felt very well prepared.
Part of the reason for that was that I did the Run Melbourne Half Marathon on 17/7/11 in 2:12:01. Again I was happy with that, because the course was new to me, and I had a bit of pain in my right leg for the final quarter or so.
But after that run I had five weeks of irregular runs, and only got focused about five weeks before the second run.
So the question is - what can I do if I am properly prepared?
I am considering the full marathon next year...no decision on that yet.
In the past month I have been getting out for regular runs - usually three times a week, but not really worrying about distance nor times. Until now - I upgraded my phone and now the Joggycoach app is working again!
Today I ran to Princes Park, one lap and home again. 12.2km in 1:20 and it felt good. It was warm and that is my challenge over Summer - I don't like running in the heat. I'm going to try for more early morning runs - have done a couple recently. It's just a matter of being organised.
So for the moment I'm just going to aim for three runs a week and get used to the heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment