Sunday, April 3, 2011

still training...

but forgot to blog last week - oops.

That was probably because there wasn't much to report. After my previous big week, I fell in a heap - I had a bit of a cold.

I managed to exercise on Monday night (that's 21/3), but by Tuesday I had no energy so I rested - barely moved off the couch. Same on Wednesday. Felt better by Thursday so did my exercises again.

Finally managed a run on Saturday (26/3) 6.4km in 41min. Not too bad, no aches at all, but I struggled with my breathing for the first half. I think that was because of the bug.

Monday 28/3 I had a RDO - it turned into a beautiful day, overcast when I set out at about 10.30, but sun soon came out while I was running my Moonee Ponds Creek 9km route - took me 58min. A bit slow, I had to walk a little bit, but only a few twinges and breathing was fine.

Exercised on Tuesday. Then my normal 5km on Thursday in 32min. Was a bit of a struggle, not much energy. That I would say is due to my bad eating habits this week - pizza again on Wednesday night.

Anyway, did a fair bit of walking yesterday, window shopping and such. And this morning I drove to Princes Park and ran 4 laps - 12.7km. A nice cool morning. The splits were:

19:00
23:06 includes a toilet break
20:50
20:47
total 1:23:45

The first lap I struggled with my breathing, which was much better after the short break. Got into my stride in the second lap, the third and final laps felt really good. No aches at all (touch wood).

Two weeks until the Run for the Kids - 14km. So I will keep my runs short till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment