Monday, March 14, 2011

A good week

Feel like I am back to normal. A few twinges this week, but nothing that is concerning me, other than my tight calves, and that is quite normal. I exercised on Monday and Wednesday evenings.

Ran 5 km on both Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Tuesday was hot and humid and a bit of a struggle because of it - so I was happy with a time of 34min.

Thursday was cool and so I managed a whole three minutes faster - 31min! Very happy with that.

Saturday I had to push myself over my 8km, was a bit of a struggle, had to walk a little bit. So I was very happy that it was 50 min.

Today was another public holiday so I went for a longer run - drove to Princes Park and did three laps = 9.55km in a total of 58 min - a very good time. The splits were:
18:53
19:43
19:59
The second and third laps included brief stops for drinks which is reflected in the times. It was quite warm but with a breeze and there is a fair bit of shade around the park which is good because it was after 1pm when I started.

Feeling very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment